Organised by South New Brighton Residents Association, Avon-Heathcote Estuary Ihutai Trust and Avon-Otakaro Network
2pm, Saturday, 5 October 2013
St Faith’s Church Hall, 46 Hawke St, New Brighton
The Council published its Draft Development and Management Plans for the South New Brighton Reserves in early September.
The plans can be viewed or downloaded on-line here:
Community feedback on the Plans is due by 8 November. These are the first riverside lands for which development plans have been published.
We are keen to explore:
• How the plans meet local needs and visions for the reserves
• How they align with the strategic priorities of the Avon-Heathcote Estuary Ihutai Trust
• How they integrate with the Avon-Otakaro Network (AvON) vision for a city-to-sea ecological and recreational river park and reserve
• How they meet the priorities and principles of the Natural Environment Recovery Plan (NERP)
• How they align with the principles of the Mahinga Kai Project of Ngai Tuahuriri
• How they measure up with regard to the community-driven integrated planning framework approach of Eastern Vision
There will be speakers from South New Brighton Residents Association, Avon-Heathcote Estuary Ihutai Trust, Avon-Otakaro Network, Environment Canterbury (NERP), Ngai Tuahuriri and Eastern Vision...
...but mostly we want to hear what you think!
To download the flyer click here