‘Meet in the Middle’ on Saturday 12 October 2019 celebrates Te Ara Ōtākaro, the transitional city-to-sea Avon River Trail and its role in the regeneration of the east.
It is an invitation to the people of Christchurch to come along the trail on foot or bike from either direction (city or sea) and ‘meet in the middle’ at Kerrs Reach from 11pm for a family fun day with kids activities, food, beverage and info stands, an exhibition regatta, as well as free live entertainment on the riverside stage with a well-known artist headlining at 2pm.
It will be a great day along the river in the red zone - experience the buzz in the Ōtākaro Avon River Corridor!
At intersections follow the road rules and take care especially with young riders.
At the main venue there will be opportunities for organisations to have stalls or run activities for kids. If you wish to register an interest in becoming involved in any way, contact: email@example.com
You can also join the Facebook event here
• Your whanau / family - please keep all dogs on a lead and under control at all times.
• Waterproof blanket to sit on.
• Your own water bottle - there is a drinking water tap on site at Kerrs Reach.
• Your own mug for hot drinks.
• There is a bike park for cyclists managed by Biketober: please bring your own bike lock.
• Event takes place shine or light drizzle! So pack appropriate clothing, hats, sunblock. Rain Day: Sunday 13 October